Back to the Future, Michael J Fox, and How Not To Completely Miss The Point
Do you find most of your conversations end up somewhere in the past?
Or do you constantly think about the future?
Or are you celebrating your successes so much today that you might be throwing it all away?
In a recent interview with Today pop-culture legend Michael J Fox, now at 57, revealed he'd completely missed the point when he ascended to superstardom following the success of Back To The Future as a young twenty-something.
Back then, Michael J Fox wanted to be a rock star. And when all the success hit, he felt his dream was coming true.
So he did as he thought any rock star would do: Michael J Fox partied, and drank, and partied some more. He relished his success so much, he realizes now that it impacted his career.
Michael J Fox realizes now, in his own words, that he was an idiot back then.
He forgot what it was that brought him such success.
It was his talent.
And his talent he created through hard work.
This is the lesson for us all.
If you've reached new heights in your career, if you've accomplished some incredible goal, remember what it was that brought you here.
Your talent wasn't a lottery ticket. Your wins were not through fluke.
Remember that hard work, dedication, and staying humble are important in moving you forward in your journey.
After all, the goal you reached today is just a marker, a placeholder, in your greater journey.
You still have so much more to do.
p.s. For more stories on Goal Setting see our category pages and checkout our related links below.
The-Inspired.com's related links:
1. What is the Single Most Important Factor in Reaching Your Goals?
How the idea of hope can change your life. Just ask the Olympic athletes who live by this rule
2. Does Sharing Goals Help or Hurt Your Chances of Success?
Accountability Partner is proven to work, if it's a close friend. Don't tell strangers.
3. The Inspired Foundations Articles: How Your Foundations Matter in Reaching Your Goals. Simple tips, routines, principles and habits to get you started.
4. Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New: Is there something you've always wanted to do, a personal dream sitting there, a goal, still waiting to be realized?
5. Flow Will Change Your Life: Creating Goals Begins with Understanding Your Flow. Personal Growth meets the real authentic you. How understanding your passions will fuel your progress, happiness & personal growth.
6. Meditation - Skinny Dipping, Polar Bears, & Debunking Common Myths of Meditation
7. Bill Gates Pandemic Warning We All Missed. 10 Things You Need to Know: COVID-19 https://www.the-inspired.com/post/10-things-you-need-to-know-covid-19https://www.the-inspired.com/post/coronavirus-do-your-part-take-action-now
8. Coronavirus: Do Your Part, Take Action Now https://www.the-inspired.com/post/coronavirus-do-your-part-take-action-now
9. 10 Tips in Supporting Your Community and Home Life: COVID-19 https://www.the-inspired.com/post/this-game-is-for-real-10-tips-in-supporting-your-community-and-home-life-survival-covid-19
10. How Do I Self Isolate? The More You Know The Less You Fear - An Astronaut's Guide During COVID-19 https://www.the-inspired.com/post/how-do-i-self-isolate-the-more-you-know-the-less-you-fear-an-astronaut-s-guide-during-covid-19
11. Unsung Heroes: The International Team Mapping the Real-Time Spread of COVID-19: How to Take Action. https://www.the-inspired.com/post/unsung-heroes-the-international-team-mapping-the-real-time-spread-of-covid-19-how-to-take-action
12. The Great Pause of 2020: What Did You Do With Your Time?
13. How Long Is the Wait at Your Grocery Store? A New Pandemic App Has You Covered: COVID-19 Time Saver
14. What is Sober October? Reasons to Drink Less Now & Goal Setting
15. Continuity Principle, Anticipatory Trauma, Esther Perel on Tactics For Relationships in Quarantine
About the author - Goran Yerkovich is the founder of The-Inspired.com, an online magazine designed to help readers reach their personal goals. The-Inspired includes some of the best tools, tactics, and habits from the greatest minds of today and yesterday. Goran lives in the greater Vancouver area with his wife and two cats Kimchi and Kauai.