How Long Is the Wait at Your Grocery Store? A New Pandemic App Has You Covered: COVID-19 Time Saver
Updated: May 3, 2020
Need to go grocery shopping again? Unfortunately the new normal means waiting in line outside grocery stores, if you're lucky enough to still have one well stocked, and open during the pandemic. We shouldn't be complaining, we are lucky.
But what if there's a way to reduce your wait time outside, the next time you go grocery shopping? What if there was an app that told you estimated wait times, based on real data?
Well there is, and it's 100% free, because humankind is awesome...
A few days ago our friend Mike (thanks Mike!) sent over this link providing store entry estimated wait times based on google data.
My initial reaction was "This is magic!" but it turns out it's just a brilliant open source application developed in Florence Italy by citizen of this planet that care:
The application works similar to google traffic for maps, in real time, but the data is based on the history of wait times over the past week.
You'll just need to allow permission of your current location, and then hover over to a store you normally shop at, the colour of the store in question will tell you the projected wait time for the day, and time of day, based on last weeks data.
Hopefully this helps you decide when to make that next trip to Costco, Safeway, Tesco's or Big Bazaar.
Option B, if it's available where you live, is trying a service like Instacart that delivers to your door.
Thanks for reading. Until next time, stay strong, stay healthy, and thrive.
- Goran Yerkovich
The-Inspired.com's related links:
1. What is the Single Most Important Factor in Reaching Your Goals?
How the idea of hope can change your life. Just ask the Olympic athletes who live by this rule
2. Does Sharing Goals Help or Hurt Your Chances of Success?
Accountability Partner is proven to work, if it's a close friend. Don't tell strangers.
3. The Inspired Foundations Articles: How Your Foundations Matter in Reaching Your Goals. Simple tips, routines, principles and habits to get you started.
4. Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New: Is there something you've always wanted to do, a personal dream sitting there, a goal, still waiting to be realized?
5. Flow Will Change Your Life: Creating Goals Begins with Understanding Your Flow. Personal Growth meets the real authentic you. How understanding your passions will fuel your progress, happiness & personal growth.
6. Meditation - Skinny Dipping, Polar Bears, & Debunking Common Myths of Meditation
7. Bill Gates Pandemic Warning We All Missed. 10 Things You Need to Know: COVID-19 https://www.the-inspired.com/post/10-things-you-need-to-know-covid-19https://www.the-inspired.com/post/coronavirus-do-your-part-take-action-now
8. Coronavirus: Do Your Part, Take Action Now https://www.the-inspired.com/post/coronavirus-do-your-part-take-action-now
9. 10 Tips in Supporting Your Community and Home Life: COVID-19 https://www.the-inspired.com/post/this-game-is-for-real-10-tips-in-supporting-your-community-and-home-life-survival-covid-19
10. How Do I Self Isolate? The Mor