Fatherly, MSN, Yahoo & Flipboard: Why Following Your Dreams Matter, Now More Than Ever
Updated: Jul 25
Hello family, friends and all our new visitors and subscribers. Welcome back to The-Inspired!
We have some exciting news to share: This past week I landed my first big digital magazine publication and online syndication.
Many months ago, I contacted Fatherly.com asking their editors if they'd be interested in an article I had written on father / son relationships covering personal growth, love, finding your focus and more. It was a personal story about my dad and I. It is a true story on how hard it is sometimes to say I love you, to those you love the most.
Here's the article:
Who is Fatherly.com?
Fatherly.com is a digital magazine out of NYC with a focus on parenthood and specifically fatherhood. Fatherly was named one of Oprah's "favorite things" of 2016 and was noted by Adweek, Digiday and CNBC for its success with video targeting on Facebook. In June 2016, nearly 3 million unique visitors went to the site. By 2017, Fatherly reached 75 million people on Facebook each week.
The other great news: Fatherly has also syndicated my story to MSN.com, Yahoo.com, Flipboard.com, to maximize the readership exposure, links above.
This is all new for me. And it feels great.
But there is a moral to this story that is much more important than this publication.
This story is really about setting your personal goals and working towards them. It is a story that reminds us this:
Wherever you are in your journey, enjoy the process, stay true to what you believe, work hard, find time and space to do what you love, and love what you do, at least, in some part of your day.
Be the authentic you.
And no matter what happens, keep moving forward.
In the end results are nice, they feel great, but what will always give you joy, what will fill your cup each and every day, is knowing that you were able to take ownership of your dreams by setting goals and working towards them every single day.
Thanks again for visiting. Here are some links to my published and syndicated articles. And other great articles below.
The-Inspired.com's related links:
1. Sleep Is Your Superpower There is one secret daily ritual that is so powerful it really should have super in its title. It has the ability to improve mental learning, memory, metabolic rates, immune function and even reduce rates of cancer, and slow the signs of aging… https://www.the-inspired.com/post/your-superpower-is-sleep
2. The Real Reason You're Tired Even Though You Get Enough Sleep.
Did you wake up from a good nights sleep and just hours later feel exhausted? There's a good reason for that. And it's part of a bad habit we're all guilty of. The good news is, with just a few minor adjustments those energy levels will improve dramatically... https://www.the-inspired.com/post/the-real-reason-why-you-re-always-tired-even-though-you-get-enough-sleep
3. What is the Single Most Important Factor in Reaching Your Goals?
How the idea of hope can change your life. Just ask the Olympic athletes who live by this rule
4. The Inspired Foundations Articles: How Your Foundations Matter in Reaching Your Goals. Simple tips, routines, principles and habits to get you started.
5. Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New: Is there something you've always wanted to do, a personal dream sitting there, a goal, still waiting to be realized?
6. Flow Will Change Your Life: Creating Goals Begins with Understanding Your Flow. Personal Growth meets the real authentic you. How understanding your passions will fuel your progress, happiness & personal growth. https://www.the-inspired.com/post/what-is-flow-happiness-meets-optimized-experience
7. Meditation - Skinny Dipping, Polar Bears, & Debunking Common Myths of Meditation DISCLAIMER: Recommendations to find a Yogi, wear Spandex, or claim your membership for Hot Yoga are not part of this story. However we do include skinny dipping, polar bears, oh and one more thing:...How to finally and easily practice Daily Meditation. https://www.the-inspired.com/post/2019/03/22/skinny-dipping-polar-bears-debunking-common-myths-of-meditation
8. The Great Pause of 2020: What Did You Do With Your Time?
I called my nephew today to wish him a happy birthday. As he described it, he's under a form of "mom-jail-quarantine" which means he's stuck inside, like the rest of us. What a horrible way to spend a birthday. Or was it? https://www.the-inspired.com/post/the-great-pause-of-2020-what-did-you-do-with-your-time
9. What is Sober October? Reasons to Drink Less Now & Goal Setting
Wow look at all those beautiful, confident and happy people in this photograph? Look how they're all getting along with each other without a care in the world? Look how happy and carefree they all are? They look like they're having the time of their lives! Or are they...https://www.the-inspired.com/post/the-one-thing-we-should-never-be-doing-if-you-want-to-reach-your-goals-welcome-to-drinking-101
10. 8 Secrets on How to Reach Your Goals: The Inspired Guide to Staying Positive During COVD-19
What is the best advice out there on how to reach your goals? What really works when times get tough and it feels like the outside world is caving in? What do you do, when you're locked inside and need a way to stay positive? The answer to the last question is simple: you focus on you. ttps://www.the-inspired.com/post/8-secrets-on-how-to-reach-your-goals-the-inspired-guide-to-staying-positive-during-covd-19
What is The-Inspired.com? - Visit our Start Here Page to learn what it's all about...
About the author - Goran Yerkovich is the founder of The-Inspired.com, an online magazine designed to help readers reach their personal goals. The-Inspired includes some of the best tools, tactics, and habits from the greatest minds of today and yesterday. Goran lives in the greater Vancouver area with his wife and two cats Kimchi and Kauai.