Has remote work changed how you live? Has it redefined or put into focus areas of your life you may have neglected before?
As a major advocate for IT project management and business analysis remote work for over 12+ years, it's great to see this discussion continuing with a more "hey this isn't a short term thing" lens.
COVID-19 has pushed an important business culture discussion to the forefront, questioning how we setup our project teams, and business/IT teams today.
3 Major Remote Work Realizations:
1. Meeting time wastage: 'finding a meeting room' vs the seconds it takes to jump between zoom or phone bridges.
2. Morning Productivity wastage: time lost to our commutes, and the added time for healthier morning habits like going for a walk or run, stretching, hitting the gym, or even...spending more time with your kids!
3. Building Business Relationships: We can no longer wait for a chance hallway encounter, we must take a proactive approach and actually contact, message, or call the people most worthy of our time and space.
My recommendation, if you are feeling isolated, and haven't already tried this, prebook 15 min online coffee chats with your best office friends you miss the most.
Book 3 - 4 of these coffee sessions this week - it will reduce or fully remove your workday isolation blues.
Remote Work Related Articles:
1. Will Remote Work Be Extended past the pandemic? Article on LinkedIn:
2. I Asked 2 Million Professionals About Remote Working — Here Are Their Top 13 Hacks
What is the Inspired?
The-Inspired is your free online magazine for career advice, personal growth, and the best way to discover how to do more of what you love in life. Visit our Start Here Page to learn about all the free tools, tactics and habits to reach your goals, and live your inspired life.
Where are you today in your journey? Get your Free eBook The Inspired Guide to Self-Evaluation when you Subscribe and join the thousands who read The-Inspired.com for FREE each week. Featured on Quora, Facebook, Medium and LinkedIn.
About the author - Goran Yerkovich's articles have been featured on Fatherly.com, Yahoo, MSN, and Flipboard. Goran is the founder and principle author of The-Inspired.com, an online magazine designed to help readers grow their careers and develop their personal goals. The-Inspired.com also includes some of the best but most misunderstood tools, tactics, and habits from the greatest minds of today and yesterday. Goran lives in the greater Vancouver area with his wife and two cats Kimchi and Kauai.