Top 10 Harsh Realities of Life: The Path To Reaching Your True Potential
Updated: Apr 12
From topics like death, magic bullets to success, the beauty of life, your health, physical beauty, making money vs being rich, and finding a mentor, checkout our top 10 list plus 3 Bonus ideas on the harsh realities of life.
Top 10 Harsh Realities of Life from The-Inspired.com:
1. Death can happen at any time. If you put yourself in unnecessary risk due to an unhealthy diet or lifestyle be prepared to pay the pied piper. And accidents and illness hit us and the ones we love.
2. There is no Magic Bullet to Success. Those overnight sensations who seemingly pop up from no where all worked their asses off to get there.
3. The beauty in life is only there if you make time to see it. Take time to reflect and be grateful for everything you have today.
4. The things you care about most will all be gone some day. Family, friends will all be gone. Spend quality time with them now.
5. Your health will start to deteriorate as you age. Enjoy your body while you can. Travel. Dance. Walk. Sing. Watch a sunset. If you're a guy and something is bothering you see a doctor. Most men don't. But early detection of a major issue can literally save your life or add years, good years, to your life.
6. Your physical beauty will deteriorate some day. If you are shallow and superficial you may not have real friends when you are old. Know that in the end what lasts is how you treat others inside and out.
7. You’ll never reach your true potential without taking some big risks in life. Risks are paths you’ve never travelled. Become an explorer. Take on new ideas. Change jobs. Move to a new city. Start your dream business.
8. The world, for the most part, doesn’t really care what you are doing. Build your tribe of close family and friends that will. You won’t regret it.
9. Making money doesn’t make you rich. No matter how much you make, learn to save for tomorrow. Create a weekly budget and save. This is one my wife is an expert at. If you're not great at this ask for help.
10. Sacrifices are required for any major change in your life. If you are looking for new opportunities start by looking in the mirror and seeing the simple changes you can make for a better, more satisfying life.
BONUS - 11. Mentors won't volunteer to mentor you unless you ask them first. Most mentors are busy working on their own new goals. We are all on a journey. But that doesn't mean mentors don't want to help you. Ask for help but be specific in what you need.
BONUS - 12. Not everyone wants to be your friend. No matter how hard you try, or how bad you may want it, not everyone out there will like you, or want to be your friend. The people who are interested in your friendship will make it clear. And so will those who are not. Don't worry about those who shut you out, it's probably for the best anyway.
BONUS - 13. Not everyone will share your views on life, love, politics. That's okay and thats important. If you have friends that share the EXACT same views as you - get more friends. The world is a big place filled with new experiences and ideas. Be open to different opinions. You'll learn something about yourself in the process.
For more life advice, unique perspectives and thought provoking ideas be sure to subscribe to The-Inspired.com
Thanks again for reading and I hope that helped someone out there!